Wednesday, February 11, 2009

IE7 Review

You have probably heard the wise, old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I truly believe this is good advice, which is why I held off downloading Internet Explorer 7 for so long. Yes, I knew it had a few newer features that made it superior to IE6, but better the devil you know than the devil you don't, as they say.

Recently my IE6 had been crashing so often and becoming so useless that it was either give it up completely or get IE7. Normally, I use Firefox as my main browser, but occasionally I do need to have two browsers open, especially when checking webiste code.

I must say I am impressed with IE7, it loads much more quickly than IE6. It's sharp with an updated look and tabbed browsing was definitely a needed feature. I wasn't given a choice about installing their new protection software, it just loaded right along with the IE update, so now I face months of assuring IE, that yes I do want this website to function normally and no, I am not afraid of it. All of that will sort itself out in time.

If you have been reluctant to upgrade as I was, I can allay your fears to some extent. If you are going to use IE at all, you should move up to the new and improved version. In my opinion, Firefox is still the superior browser and I continue to use it as my default browser.

No comments: