Friday, June 20, 2008

My Found Money, Part Two

Just a little update on my found money. I got some claim paperwork from the state on one of my claims. I have to fill in my social security number and attach some proof of identity. I also noted the type of abandoned property and the amount.

Where the computer obviously read $42.00 and listed it as being under $100 value, the claim form actually states that the property is 42.0000 book entry shares in a major corporation. I checked the stock quote today and the entire sum is well over $2400.

Now, it will take up to 12 weeks to get my claim fully processed and issued to me, but I am hoping the stock will go up and not down during that time.

Again, you don't know what's out there until you look. Check your state's home website for information on locating and claiming abandoned property listed under your name.
It's well worth your while.

No comments: